Medi Peak Flow Meters are handheld portable devices intended to measure peak expiratory flow as a means of monitoring respiratory conditions such as asthma.
What is a Peak Flow Meter?
Peak Flow Meter is a small handheld device that measures a patient’s ‘Peak Expiratory Flow’ or ‘PEF’, a measure of how quickly a patient can forcefully exhale after full inhalation. It is important that patients consult their Clinicians/Specialist Nurses about what their personal best PEF is or should be, to provide a point of reference for tracking.
Why should Peak Flow be measured?
Upon diagnosis, clinicians should educate patients in self-management of their asthma and chart an Action Plan to also include a Peak Flow Meter. Patients over five years of age will benefit from regular monitoring of their PEF with a Peak Flow Meter; this determines how open the airways are at any given moment and helps in asthma management. Clinicians aim to keep patient’s Peak Flow stable ie with little difference between the morning and evening readings and from day to day. It is a useful patient guide for:
- When to seek emergency medical care
- When to stop or adjust medication
- What triggers the patient’s asthma attacks
What should a Normal Value be for Peak Flow?
The ‘Normal Value’ is the best Peak Flow value that a patient can achieve, which is their 100% or ‘reference’ value. Population normative standards are not clinically useful. Peak Flow scores are higher when you are well and lower when airways get narrower.
How can Medicareplus International help?
Our Medi Peak Flow Meters help asthma patients manage their condition with relative ease with:
- Daily record keeping chart enclosed
- Patented design for easier determination of results
- Coloured tabs to match the Peak Flow score with relevant colour zone of patient’s Action Plan
Are there different types of Peak Flow Meters?
Medi Peak Flow Meters are available in both LOW and STANDARD ranges; Low Range are suitable in severely restricted airflow. They are single patient use and their use is not an aerosol generating procedure (AGP).
- Conforms with latest ISO 23747 Standard
- Available in both Standard and Low Ranges
- Daily record keeping chart enclosed with each product
- Patented design for easier determination of flow rate results
- Competitively priced within Drug Tariff
|Medi Peak Flow Meter||Standard Range||60482||347-3634|
For further information regarding Medi Peak Flow Meters or to obtain samples, please contact our Healthcare Development Manager for your area or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org